Thursday, January 1, 2015

A New Year


People say that the New Year is a time of reflection and resolution.  When it comes to this blog, I can look back and see how my love of cooking has developed over the years.  I can read how I have challenged myself, as well as the results.  There have been many failures and many successes, which is to be expected from someone who does not cook professionally and does not have any culinary training.

As much as I love to cook, I cannot help but notice that, looking back over the couple of years, there have been fewer and fewer posts.  There are many reasons for this trend.   My beautiful Angel and I have an amazing little guy, and I spend a lot of my free time with him and my wife, leaving less time for experimenting and cooking.  My work has also gotten much busier, and, the free time that I had (such as before my day or during my lunchtime) has largely been taken up with more work.  As a result, the number of posts has declined month to month and year to year.  

I have been cooking.  I just have not been blogging as much about what I cook.  

Turning to the resolutions, I am not one for making New Year's resolutions.  My track record of keeping such resolutions is rather poor.  It is abysmal.

As the door to 2015 opens, I can see a lot of opportunities for my adventures through food and drink. For example, there are many more cuisines to explore as part of my culinary challenge, Around the World in 80 Dishes. As with that challenge, there is much more to learn, not only about cooking, but also about the ingredients that are used to create the dishes.

Rather than write "it is my resolution," I will write that it is my hope that I will be able to continue with this blog over the course of the coming year. I am also working on some changes to the blog, including this update to its appearance.

I am not exactly sure how many people actually read this blog or my posts, but, if you are one of them, I hope you will come back and see what has been cooking!

I hope everyone has a safe and happy new year!

Until next time ...

ENJOY!

No comments: