Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Guest Chef Night -- A Great Night and a Big Thank You

Well, the night is over and I am very tired.  I planned to say a lot about the Guest Chef Night, but, quite frankly, I am exhausted.  There are still a few things that have to be said.

First, I want to thank everyone who came out to join us for this special occasion.  It is my sincere hope that you all had a great time and a great dinner.  We worked to provide the best meal that we could and, while there was a little chaos at the beginning as we worked to get the flow in the kitchen, we were able to get our bearings and settle into a groove for the rest of the night.  It was great to see all of you and see how you enjoyed the meal.  I should note that there is something to be said about how good food can bring people together and make new friends.  And, for those who did join us, ten percent of the proceeds of your dinner went to First Light, which is a shelter for homeless women and children in downtown Birmingham, Alabama.

Second, I want to thank Frank, Geri and Clare, who all worked hard with me to make this night a success.  Together, we were able to put together a very complicated meal.  Both Frank and I worked in the Kitchen, while Geri and Clare provided valuable support.  Geri also baked the Almond Tortes that were the dessert and Clare expertly plated the dessert when we were a little backed up in the kitchen.

Third, I want to thank the kitchen staff, Wayne and Barry, who stepped up to help us as we worked to get out the orders.  Wayne is the cook at Rag's and his expert work at the stove helped during the busiest part of the night.  Barry did a great job at the front, helping to plate the dishes as they came up.

Finally, I want to thank Johnny and Bobby Lorino, the owners of Rag's Italian Bistro.  Without them, this opportunity would not be possible.  They were very gracious to open up their kitchen and, indeed, their restaurant for this evening.  Without them, this evening would not have been possible. 

Well, I am very exhausted at this point.  Once again, I want to express my gratitude to everyone who made this evening a success by saying ...

THANK YOU!

No comments: